Thursday, January 20, 2011

LOOK...I have a NOOK


When the e readers first came out, They were something that I said I would not like having. Don't get me wrong, I like to read, especially in the summer when I have more time to do it but I like the idea of being able to go to the Library and borrow a book and take it back when I'm done (I don't like to spend a lot of money on books).  I like actually having a book that I can hold and turn the pages..... or so I thought.


For Christmas my fantastic husband totally surprised  me with a NOOK.  Guess what?   I LOVE IT! The first neat thing is Barnes and Noble has a large number of FREE Nook Books that you can download on to your NOOK. Then if you Like the Nook on FB, every Friday they let you know about a book that you can download for FREE that day.

Finally, I can still go to the Library and check out a book. Actually I don't go to the library, I can sit right in the comfort of my own home and get on my local  library's website and check books out and return them . I can place them on hold too and they will send me an email telling me when I can download them.  It's fantastic. Now I know not all States libraries have the e books available. A friend of mine that lives in DE has a Nook Color and unfortunately DE libraries don't do it. I'm not really sure that all e readers allow it either. You can lend books to friends however, as long as they have a NOOK(COLOR) or  App too.

So my mind has been changed. I do still like to read actual books too, I just read a regular book while waiting for an e book to come off hold. I guess I just jumped to conclusions at first in thinking I would not like an e reader. What is it they say? Never judge a Book by its Cover.



Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Faith,

    Glad you are enjoying your Nook! What are you reading now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard such good things about the Nook, and am glad it is working well for you. I'm just a bit aprehensive to take the leap into ebooks. Will I miss thumbing through pages rather than scrolling...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, Right now I am reading a Book called Kiss Me , Annabel. It's the Second in a Series. I borrowed it from the library. Dorie I don't miss thumbing through the pages at all. You don't really scroll while you are reading, you just press the side and the page turns. It's nice while reading in bed and you want to prop up on an arm or something, you only need one hand to change the page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following you through Bloghop Friday. You have a great blog!!!
    http://itsmylife-swati.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm following from the blog hop and hope you'll stop by for a visit. I have a Kindle but didn't even think of checking to see if my library system works with e-books. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous! I want an e-reader!! I found you on the Retail Therapy hop :) Glad I did!!

    Brea
    www.becomingbrea.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower from MBC. Visit me at http://www.savingscorner.org. Would love a follow back. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy making New Blog friends so if this is your first time visiting my blog, I hope you'll Follow, Grab my buttons, then leave a comment and let me know. I will be sure to follow back and comment as soon as possible.
Faith : )

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT

Blogaholic Designs”=

Labels


Follow Me I'll Follow Back asap

Network Followers